The SEM is off the pallet. Used a cherry picker with some help from a friend to lift it one side at a time:
Now its on wheels and isn't quite so tall:
The rack on the left will hold the pump and maybe computerized control system.
I also got replacement vacuum hosing:
Its reinforced but still would collapse under vacuum. Fortunately, I only need it a short length so I can connect stainless vacuum hose
Currently working on learning CNC better so I can make some new vacuum ports for a vacuum gauge.
I also got an EDS detector in the mail:
It needs some TLC but should still be fun, more on that later.
Also picked up some wire bonders at industrial auction:
The base unit seems to work but needs a microscope (check but need to make adapter) and acquire a tip ($30 on eBay) + spool/tensioner. I don't have the latter which shouldn't be too hard to make but may require a lot of tweaking to get it working properly.
Finally, the microscope camera now has frame lock and has been upgraded to linux-next. I tried to submit to linux kenrel but don't think it e-mailed out. In case I get hit by a bus, here is my Linux AmScope MU800 camera driver: http://siliconpr0n.org/uv/mu800/0001-media-gspca_touptek-Add-support-for-ToupTek-UCMOS-se.patch I also white-balanced my camera. Unfortunately, the driver as written cannot reach the right thresholds. Instead, I hard coded the RGB values in my local build. Hopefully will fix these in near future...