Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rolling with the SEM

Minor updates...

The SEM is off the pallet.  Used a cherry picker with some help from a friend to lift it one side at a time:


Now its on wheels and isn't quite so tall:


The rack on the left will hold the pump and maybe computerized control system.

I also got replacement vacuum hosing:



Its reinforced but still would collapse under vacuum.  Fortunately, I only need it a short length so I can connect stainless vacuum hose

Currently working on learning CNC better so I can make some new vacuum ports for a vacuum gauge.

I also got an EDS detector in the mail:


It needs some TLC but should still be fun, more on that later.

Also picked up some wire bonders at industrial auction:


The base unit seems to work but needs a microscope (check but need to make adapter) and acquire a tip ($30 on eBay) + spool/tensioner.  I don't have the latter which shouldn't be too hard to make but may require a lot of tweaking to get it working properly.

Finally, the microscope camera now has frame lock and has been upgraded to linux-next.  I tried to submit to linux kenrel but don't think it e-mailed out.  In case I get hit by a bus, here is my Linux AmScope MU800 camera driver: http://siliconpr0n.org/uv/mu800/0001-media-gspca_touptek-Add-support-for-ToupTek-UCMOS-se.patch  I also white-balanced my camera.  Unfortunately, the driver as written cannot reach the right thresholds.  Instead, I hard coded the RGB values in my local build.  Hopefully will fix these in near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment